Here is a picture of our house here in Austin, Texas.
Ty and I are really excited about it!
We bought it from a darling woman who had a vivacious color scheme.
I still feel like I am living in "her" house, but we are slowly making it our own.
Our house has good "bones" (a term I learned from our friend Rachel). With some paint and new flooring (AND money.... it always comes down to waiting for the cash) we'll make it our own.
Our first painting project was the dining room/living room area.
Here are the before pictures.
The ceiling and the walls were both painted a very bright, yellow color. When Ty's boss came to check out our house he walked in, walked back out again, put on his sunglasses.... and then came back inside.
Here are the after photos. I think we're going to make the dining room an office. EVERY house I've seen here has a formal dining room, but I just don't think we'd use it that much.
Here are some other pictures to show the eclectic paint in some of the rooms.
This blue in the bathroom downstairs is starting to grow on me.
The pink guest room, very inspiring....
(still using your comforter Mandy, thanks!)
Here is the family/game room upstairs. The paint is a mint green accented by a lovely rose curtain....
Here is our master bedroom, the walls and part of the ceiling are painted this purple...
Our favorite room is Talmage and Eric's room. We have dubbed it the "Aloha" room for obvious reasons. Here is the door to their room.
4 comments:
Ha ha ha.... Talmage and Erics room is AWESOME! Your paint job is fantastic, only wish I could see it in person. What a cute house! I think you should keep the blue bathroom... get some cute blue and brown accents... it would be cute!
Good Job Sher... love ya! (And good job on the Blog, I am impressed!)
Your home is beautiful! I love all the colors! Now I don't feel as bad with all the colors in my house! Did you ever see my blue bathroom? I love it. I think it might be the same color. I miss the lava rock in the living room though. Maybe you could bring some in. Looks great!
Your home is beautifu - I like the changes you have made thus far. Much better than the bright yellow. The boy's "Alaho" room is very cool.
SOOOO much better! Someday I will make it out to see you! Can't wait to see the other changes - I love your purple room :)
Post a Comment