Monday, April 12, 2010

Dinosaur Tracks

The kids were out of school this last Monday.
My friend, Rachel, invited us and some other friends to go explore and have
lunch near some real, bona fide, dinosaur tracks.
Unfortunately, the dinosaur tracks were covered with about five inches
of water. Usually they aren't covered at all, but we've received a lot of
rain this winter, which is good for Austin, but bad to examine the foot prints of our extinct friends. I definitely plan on going back, and I'll take some pictures then.

Funny picture of the day....
Eric and Soren wore identical outfits... ha!

Our friends:
Cheri-Ann and her daughter Paige
Rachel and Soren
Coen, Tauni and Ella-Bella
Rachel told us to pack some sandals and a lunch. She said that where we were going there would be a little stream that trickles by, and that the kids could play and put their feet in it.
Once again, with all the rain, it was no longer little trickle of water...
which the kids didn't mind!


With everyone distracted by the water fun, Maidie takes this opportunity
to pillage and plunder everyone's unattended food.
Why is it that everyone else's food tastes better than yours when your two?
Here she is munching Paige's grapes.... Yes, I see you Mae-Mae!
It didn't take long for my boys to get chilled playing in the water. Here, Eric is seeking out the ONE towel I brought (I thought there'd be a TRICKLE of water) to warm up!
He was quickly followed by Talmage....
Those not totally immersing themselves in the water were a
comfortable temperature and chose to play the "stick" game.

How to play the stick game:
1. Find a stick
2. All players put sticks in the center
3. All players count to three
4. On three, all players yell, "yeah", and lift your stick in the air
Guaranteed for ten minutes of fun.
(See photos below)

Once the boys had warmed up and munched some more snacks, they were ready to play in the water some more. Both had blue lips, and were shivering, but still they swam their hearts out!



The only drama:
Talmage came walking up to me and said, "Eric almost drowned, and I
totally saved him."
Then I said, "Yes, I can see how Eric almost drowned in that swift, deep,
current out there... he's lucky to have a brother like you looking
out for him!
Eric, contemplating life, after his traumatic near death experience.

Favorite moment of the day:
Maidie took her time coming up the trail to go home. While the boys waited for us,
they picked me a bouquet of wild flowers. What a way to end a great afternoon! Love 'em!

My shirtless, flower pickin' wonders!

0 comments:

Post a Comment