Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grandma Riley

Grandma Riley was coming for a visit (thanks, Michelle, for booking the ticket and giving mom the kick in the you-know-what to get here). So I did what I always do when
someone comes to visit.... I make a sign! Events and occasions are always more
fun with poster board and a few markers!

To say that we (more like "I") were excited about her visit would be an
understatement. When she came off the escalator we all bombarded her with
hugs and kisses! Grandma Riley didn't mind, she LOVES hugs and kisses, and not just the chocolate kind!


Time went way to quickly while she was here. I was lucky to have my
mother WITH me this mother's day. We were able to get pedicures, go to lunches, mix in some shopping and catch up on newly released movies while she was here (she has now seen Avatar and New Moon..... Avatar took us two nights to finish as she kept falling asleep, but New Moon we were able to knock out in only one night).

I had some projects I wanted her help with while she was here, but relaxation and conversation dominated our weekend (which was WAY better).
Mom, thanks for the much needed visit! Ya'll come back SOON now, ya hear!
(BTW, "ya'll" is used in a singular form here, the plural of "ya'll" is "ALL ya'll"! I could be making this stuff up, why don't you come for a visit and find out... if you come..... I'll make a sign for YOU!)


1 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh!!! My reader hasn't been updating on this stupid new computer. But, I have remedied the problem and see what's been happening! Jason went to NC on his mission and they speak hick there too. Is 'hick' PC? Looks and sounds like you had a great time!

Post a Comment