Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ribbit.... That's Disgusting!

I've noticed that I've written a lot about this lizard lately, but come on,
if you looked our your front window and saw this face looking up at you, wouldn't you blog about it too? Today something unexpected happened though...

Our green little friend is pretty predictable. He doesn't do much other than
lay around on the flower box, or do his push up's while flexing out that giant
red thing under his chin. Today, we got quite a different show. He started licking his lips
(I don't think he has lips, but we'll call them that for lack of better terminology) like he was hungry, and then all of the sudden....


Wham! He starts eating the dead flesh from his own tail!
This is National Geographic material here people, going on in my front yard!

The kids all began to shriek, "that's disgusting!", and it was!
A lizards got to do, what a lizards got to do!
Below is a picture of him holding the remnants of his former tail covering,
just before he devoured it. I'm pretty glad we don't have to eat our
own dead skin peelings.

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures of Ribbit... the WONDER lizard!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

That is actually quite gross. And cool- all at the same time!

Post a Comment