Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was... well, very different for us this year.
For the past 13 years we have always celebrated Christmas eve in the home of Ty's parents. We would head up to North Salt Lake and be wined and dined all... evening... long. *sigh* Those were the "good ol' days" when I was able to take our little family over to a parents house. I'd tote along my token side dish and call it good. Now I have to actually be in charge of "the fun" and "magic" of holidays and special events. Luckily, I've had good role models. I'm slowly taking traditions from both of our families and morphing them into our own.

We were so excited to have Cranpa Pearson with us to celebrate Christmas. We started our Christmas Eve festivities in the home of some of our very good friends, the Leavitt's. Rachel had put together a nativity scene for the kids to participate in. Maidie was an angel with Eric playing the role of Joseph and Talmage represented one of the shepherds. I led the music while Ty and Cranpa took pictures and video of the event.

After the kids finished playing out their manger scene, we headed back to our house. Gucci had brought our Christmas jammies with her when she visited back in November, finally, we could open the packages we had been staring at for the last month. It was fun to have this tradition continued. We put on our jammies and then skyped with Gucci, Great, Sheldon and Shannon in Salt Lake City.

Gucci also sent the kids a book of The Night Before Christmas. It was one where she could record her voice reading the book to us. It was really special to sit and listen to her "reading" the story to us.


Gucci even remembered to send a little something special for Pepper le Pew.


It's been a tradition for Ty and me to take a kissing picture in our Christmas jammies. Here is picture #13.



The kids had been very good this year, so it was no surprise to wake up Christmas morning and discover that Santa had been to our house! Ho~Ho~Ho!

Merry Christmas 2010!

0 comments:

Post a Comment