Friday, October 30, 2009

I Want My Mummy!

"It's not a true Halloween costume unless you are dead and covered in blood."
Those are the words from my eight year old when I told him I didn't think Mummy's had blood dripping from their mouths.
I humored him.........
but not his four year old little brother.
I didn't think Ms. Jacquie's pre-school would appreciate the crying shrieks of children as a bloodied, mummified Eric strolled in. You know, not all four-year-olds roll that way.
I think Eric needs to work on his "Mummy face".
Talmage loves, LOVES Halloween. He wandered into my room around 1:30 am the day of his school parade because he couldn't sleep. He was too excited. I let him jump in bed with me. He then asked what time we were going to get up to put on his costume and make-up.
I then went into a detailed plan of action for the upcoming morning.
(Talmage needs the minute by minute agenda......not kidding.)
Our mummy beautification would begin at 6:30 am.
What a kid!

After Talmage's parade, we headed over to Eric's pre-school for his parade.
As the pre-schoolers came to class today, they were greeted by this giant, inflatable Frankenstein. Of course, there was also a strobe light going off to create the full effect.
Ms. Jacquie's is by far the most creative, and fun pre-school I have ever seen or heard of. We just love it there! It's so magical for the kids!

Maidie loved all of Ms. Jacquie's Halloween decorations. She walked around and looked at all of them. When other kids came too close, she would point her finger at them and say, "no, no, no!", but notice how she man-handles them herself.


The cute supportive Grandma's! Granny Great, and Grandma Riley.

The parents, and other parade-supporters, wait out side the school for the festivities to begin. The pre-school doors open, the music starts, and out come the children.
Right out of the shoot Eric starts his mummy dance moves (The mummy dance is
Eric's interpretation of the music video Thriller).
That mummy kid, front row, in the white....he's by far the cutest!

Eric's teachers told me he kept them in stitches all through class. I guess he remained in character for most of the time he was there.
After the parade parents/teachers/family/friends/pre-schoolers visited while fun Halloween music played in the back ground. Eric, still in mummy character, danced. At one point he had a semi-circle of people watching him shake and shimmy.

....still in character for his picture with mom.

What better way to end the day than with some kitchen s'mores!

We went camping with Tyler's family this summer and I could not get enough of the s'mores. I mean really, what is better than a graham cracker, with a layer of warm chocolate on it, smothered in a toasty squishy marshmallow? I came home from that camping trip and thought, "why do I only have s'mores when I go camping, which is like once every 10 years?" Now I frequently fire on the ol' stove and voila, s'mores! Ahh, I think I need to fire on the stove AGAIN!

S'MORE ETIQUETTE:
THERE IS NO ETIQUETTE!!!

Talmage, "Is there marshmallow on my face?"
Halloween p.j.'s, thank you GUCCI!

Maidie works on her somersaults. Her form is improving.

An all around Great day! Look at these kids, they're so cute I have to squish 'em!

0 comments:

Post a Comment