September 30, 2011
Let me just start by saying that I NEVER wanted a dog.
I still don't want a dog (even though Tyler doesn't believe me).
My friend Rachelle said it best when she was talking about having pets,
"why would I want to pick up poop that is optional?".
I agree.
That being said I was tag teamed by Tyler and his boss, Eric.
On a fine September afternoon they showed up at our house, and Eric was holding this.....

Now I have to admit, she is quite cute, but she's a dog, and I don't want a dog. A dog is like another kid. You have to play with it, feed it, take it to the doctor, clean up its stinky little presents around the house until its potty trained, walk around telling it "no" as it chews up the couch, the kids shoes, and wood cabinets. Why would a sane person want the added responsibility/STRESS? Oh, and did I mention that our entire family (excluding Maidie) is allergic to dogs? Yep, just another reason to add to the "no dog" list.
But, what do you say to your husbands boss who has so generously purchased this little creature for you and your family? It was awkward. I said, "hell no" to Tyler when Eric gave us a few minutes to discuss his offering, but in the end we decided to keep the dog through the weekend to decide.
That was a big mistake....




The kids fell in love with the dog. And after a WW III argument that ensued between me and Tyler while we "attempted" to watch General Conference, a conversation with my mom calmed me, and led me to the realization that once, maybe just this once, I should let it go....
and so I did. Now we are the owners of a cute little Pomapoo named Pepper.
I call her Pepper Le Pew, because she's a dog, and she stinks, like most dogs do.
Tyler calls her Pepper Ann. My middle name is Ann. What's he getting at?
She IS cute, and she IS a nice little dog. But... I still don't want a dog...
0 comments:
Post a Comment