Two months ago, I pulled out a package of Oreo's to serve my little people a treat after lunch. I pulled open the tab, looked into the package, and tried to make sense as to what I was looking at. We had an Oreo bandit in our midst, and I was going to get to the bottom of it!

Someone had violated these Oreo's in ten different ways, and then put them back in the package (as if no one would notice...ha)! The creme filling had been consumed from every cookie, thus rendering the remaining cookie part soggy, and inedible. Who could have committed such a heinous crime against a chocolate confection?
My first suspect was Eric, but he admittedly denied having any knowledge as to what I was talking about. I then went to.... Miss. Maidie. When the charges were placed before her she happily replied, "Yep, I did it"! I had to laugh at her admission of guilt. She saw nothing wrong with what she had done. I love the naive world of a three year old, and, hey, she was honest!
Fast forward two months to a lovely luncheon at Maurie's house. I went to check on the kids and walked in the back yard. As I approached the swing set, I knew something was wrong.
(cue Matlock music dum-dum-dum)
The Oreo bandit had returned, and this time, she had a partner!
Gracie Dean! They gleefully admitted to slurping up all the creme filling and discarding the cookie part on the grass. But come on, how could one not chuckle when looking at their faces?
Okay, all detective-ness aside, look how cute these two girls are! Gracie is Emily's little girl. It's like looking at a miniature version of ourselves outside swinging! I love it!
Maurie had me, Emily, her mom, Lori, and Katie (plus any of our kids who were around) over to her house to enjoy some Cafe Rio and a little conversation. We had also planned on playing some games, but let's be honest, there was too much to talk about!
I get all giddy and filled with nostalgia when I see our kids playing together. Realistically, I know we live miles apart, and we'll only see each other sparingly, so the concept that they'll all be BFF's forever (like their moms) is a long shot, but.... you never know! Maybe their paths will cross at BYU and they'll pick up right at the swing set they left off on! Either way, I sure do love all these kids!
Talmage, Cade and Davis.
Little Nate had come inside and fallen asleep. He wolk up as we were leaving and I took this picture! Sorry, buddy! Go back to sleep!
Kathy with Max, Myles and Kylie.
Emily, Maurie, me and Katie (Lori had to leave early to get home to relieve a babysitter).

0 comments:
Post a Comment