You know you're close to Utah when....
the landscape starts to look like this.
Our next stop after Phoenix was St. George, Utah, to stay with Holly and her family. I plugged Holly's address into my trusty Garmin, and Stella (Ty's name for said Garmin, as she frequently gives us bad information, to which we yell, "Steeeeelllllla") told me what roads to take to get there. Derall called me shortly after we had left his house and asked where we were, I told him we were nearing New Mexico, to which he let me know that we were about to embark on one of the most boring drives EVER, and that we should have taken the route that would have led us through Las Vegas.
After experiencing this "New Mexico" drive, I totally agree with him. But, we made the most of it, and enjoyed the beautiful (and somewhat barren) Navajo Reservation scenery.
Eight hours later, we finally arrived, UTAH!
How I love this state! I still get teary eyed when I return! Hooray for the Beehive State!
0 comments:
Post a Comment