A few years ago when we stayed in St. George with Holly and her family, they took us to an indoor pool facility called Sand Hollow. To my kids, their memories of that pool rivaled their memories of Disneyland! So their one request for our few days with the Gunnell's was to return to this indoor pool paradise.
After all, Sand Hollow has a water slide.
And a lily pad rope thingy....
.....and a giant frog mouth for Maidie to slide down and enjoy! It even has diving boards at the opposite end! It really is a fun place to go for a swim.
About an hour and half into our Sand Hollow adventure, Maidie wanted to get out and sit down. This was unusual for her, as she loves to play and flitter about in the water, but I'll go with it, as it gives Holly and I a great chance to sit and visit. We plop down by Miss. Maidie and carry on a wonderful conversation. About 5 minutes later, we look over and see Maidie in this position on her chair.
That cute little Miss. was exhausted! I grabbed a lounge chair and laid her down. She napped for about and hour and half while the kids continued to play, and Holly and I gabbed. It was a great afternoon.
We were spoiled and so well taken care of in the Gunnell home. Brian treated us to a wonderful, home-made, teriyaki chicken sandwich, Holly introduced me to my new favorite treat, Chocolate-chip, peanut-butter Oatmeal, AND I had my first cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy. The kids enjoyed movie nights and a giant floor sleep-over in Ashley and Brenna's room. One of my favorite memories will be laughing our heads off over and over to the Literal version of the music video, Total Eclipse of the Heart.
We love St. George and our Gunnell cousins!
0 comments:
Post a Comment