It's that time again... the kids will soon be back in school! The Sunday before school started Ty gave the kids their 'back to school' blessings.
Maidie went first.
She didn't want to "pose" for a picture, she just wanted "to fly". So here she is not "posing" but rather "flying" for the picture. This little sweetie has her dad wrapped around her finger!
I love that my kids are seeing Ty honor his priesthood, and that this
tradition has been formulated in our family.
Eric.
Talmage.
After I had taken pictures of the kids and their dad, I handed the camera to Talmage and asked him to take a picture of his dear old parents. Then I walked up to Ty and gave him a big smooch! My kids, all horrified, started to howl and complain at how gross we were being, but their lamenting was done with big smiles on their faces, and was accompanied with fits of laughter. I think it's important for them to see me and Ty being affectionate. They also see us disagree, resolve conflicts, and compromise on situations where we don't see eye to eye. And while they profess to disapprove of our public displays of affection, I know inside they are happy. And isn't that a valuable lesson to learn in life? Even when someone doesn't share your opinion or view on something, you can still love and accept them, and agree to disagree.
0 comments:
Post a Comment