Monday, September 12, 2011

The Range

We had so much fun at the shooting range last year, that we wanted to go again with Uncle Dode and Aunt Shammy.  But first things first, Granny Great wanted a picture of Miss. Mae on one of the carousel horses she had painted.  Miss. Mae was happy to oblige.  I didn't think the carousel horse could hold the weight of a small child, but I was proven wrong.



Dode and Shannon.  
Can I tell you how much Aunt Shammy loves this hat that Uncle Dode wears?
Well, okay, I'm joking.  She thinks it makes him look like a hillbilly.

What do you think?
Is it the hat, or the crazy look in his eyes?



We once again shot the .22 rifle.
Eric came along this time, but was watched CAREFULLY!

This year a couple new fire arms were added to the arsenal.
Dode called this one a ruger, this little guy had quite a kick!

No ruger shooting for the Sauce, but he was enthralled!

Miss. Maidie kept herself entertained by playing Angry Birds on my iphone.

Dode also had bought a new pistol since last year.
Shooting a .22 is one thing, but shooting a hand gun feels entirely different.  I seemed to handle it more gingerly and was very aware of where it was pointed.


Miss. Mae abandoned Angry Birds and became fascinated by the shell casings.
She made her own art with them.

Last year it was Sauce, this year it was Rico, why must my boys put these in their noses?  I guess I'd have to be a boy to understand.


Getting ready to shoot the shot guns.


We have an experienced "button pusher" this year.



I had so much fun watching Ty and Dode interact.  They are both quick witted and share a very similar sense of humor.  It was great to listen to them banter back and forth.

Have I mentioned that I think a man with a gun is hot?


Shooting the clay pigeons was once again my favorite part at the shooting range, and it doesn't hurt that I'm a pretty good shot.

This is my "tough" look.  Fierce.


Miss. Mae was in shell casing heaven.  The bullets for the shot guns had BIG shells!


Eric learned the art of the "button push".

The spectators.


Ty had the best luck with the clay pigeon shooting.  He's a natural.  I think that he may even be convinced that buying a shot gun would be a good thing.












0 comments:

Post a Comment