First day of school for 2012!
I love this day.
Some moms cry and feel all melancholy as their children trudge off to school...
Not. Me.
I do a little happy dance and sing a few songs of gladness!
I love my little people, don't get me wrong, but they are ready to have their minds stimulated and their knowledge challenged! And I am ready to find where my mind ran off to during these past few summer months and enjoy some quiet sanity!
The Sauce.
I let him pick out his own shoes this year.
I would have preferred a nice pair of Nike's or New Balance's, but he couldn't resist those green laced Worlds Industries.
I'm trying to let them express their individuality.... I guess the shoes is a good place to start.
Luckily, I still have an influence when it came for Eric to pick out his shoes.
Blue New Balance's it is!
I'm so glad that my boys truly like each other!
Most all the kids on our street ride the bus to and from school.
My kids think it's the best. They get to see their friends and visit before they have to get down to business at school. On the first day of school, we were joined only by Ryan and Emily though.
Lining up to get on!
This is the third year Miss. Linda has been our bus driver. We love her! She knows the kids names, and remembers their birthdays!
As with last year, I saw the kids off on the bus, and then drove to the school to meet them when the bus arrived.
Eric has Mrs. Roosken this year. He quickly found his cubby and then his desk.
Talmage has Mrs. Pangilinan and Mrs. Bush. He is excited because his best friend, David, is in his class.
The kids came home to traditional first-day-of school doughnuts and chocolate milk!
1 comments:
Wow!! - your kids are getting so grown up. How time flies!! We really miss your kids not being right next door, & coming over for little treats.
It was so good to run into you, Sherri - & Tyler at City Creek Mall in downtown Salt Lake when you were here this summer. We miss you all very much - you were the best neighbors we were fortunate enough to have right next store for a while - but not long enough. We'll always have the fond memories of you & your adorable little family next door. Hope you can bring the kids by next time your in town. Take care - Love you all, Jeane & Lynn
Post a Comment