Sunday, August 29, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End

And so, our Utah trip has come to an end.
I can't believe it came and went as fast as it did! I mean, geesh, I was there for a month and it didn't feel long enough. I cried on the plane when we landed in Utah, and I cried on the plane as we flew out of Utah. People assure me it will get easier, and that one day when I fly into Texas after being away I'll get that same "home" feeling..... I'm skeptical, we'll see!

On the other hand, don't let Ty's face fool you here. He was more than ready and happy to be going home. He loved the visit, but he already has a tender little spot in his heart for the Lone Star State.



Our flight home did have one fun turn of events. As we were boarding our connecting flight in Arizona, one of the pilots saw the boys and told them to go visit Bill in the cock pit.
So, we did.

Below is a picture of the boys with Bill.
The Stewardess at the front of the plane said she'd keep an eye on the them while I found our seats (It's Southwest, so you know, if you delay you won't have a seat by each other).

When I found Ty and told him where the boys were, we just looked at each other and laughed because we could just hear them up there. "How does that work? What does this do? Are we going to leave on time? How close are we to the sun when we fly? How long have you been flying planes? Do people look like ants from the sky? What will happen if you push that button".


Just after the last few people had boarded the plane, we hear Eric's voice over the PA. He says, "Hey mom and dad, I want to fly a plane!".

The Stewardess brought the boys back and said, "They sure had a lot of questions up there!". Yes, that'd be my stud-ly bud-ly's! I'm surprised they even got them out of the cock pit, and back to their seats! You can't help but love 'em!


0 comments:

Post a Comment