Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Great's House


My hunka-hunka burning love finally arrives in Utah after I'd been flying solo with the kids for three weeks. Needless to say, I'm excited he's here. So are his family members.
I was trying to take a picture of Tyler and his brother, Sheldon. I find it funny that the focus was perfect on Granny Great standing in the background, I had to post this picture just because I find it hilarious... look at her cute little smile!

I also find it comical that my kids have their favorite points of interest at all of their grandma's houses. Gucci has her ark, Grandma Riley has her toy boxes, and Granny Great has her jewlery, and "junk" drawers. We were there less than ten minutes when Eric and Maidie came and showed off the "bling" they had found.


Talmage then asked if he could take the camera and take pictures of Great's house to help him remember it when we are home. I obliged his request. Here are some of his pictures:

First picture he takes is of Granny Great. Oh how we love her!

Second picture.... one of him pointing his "finger" gun at his little brother. Truly a big brother, right? I love that you can see his reflection in the mirror.

Uncle Dode... scary!

Granny Great and Bauer.

Jana Rae's family.

The doll, by the front door.

Gucci, I think this is her high school graduation picture...

Uncle Trent.

Granny and Grandpa Great.

The Bliss family, just after Tyler and I were married. We are on the back row, right in the middle. I think we've changed just a little....

Mom.
And then I had to snag the camera back for one of the funniest parts of the night! Ty and I were going to our friends house for dinner and Great was watching the kids. Before we left she asks Tyler, "do you want some make-up for that big blemish on your nose?". It's true, there was a blemish on his nose, and it wasn't small, but the way she blurted out her question had me rolling! He gracefully declined, but I told him to let her put some on and see what it looked like.
It looked like this.

It looked like the make-up you see on a corpse! Now keep in mind Tyler's not one to venture too far from his manliness, so I was quite proud that he was laughing and being a good sport about it as I and his little brother mocked him!
After Granny made her attempt to cover the unsightly blemish, I gave it a go.... we'd come this far, we might as well keep going!

Blue Steel!
I think the final result turned out well! Make-up does work for boys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment