Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunday O' Fun

We went to our old West Jordan ward on August 1st. It was great to see old friends, but painful to realize that life goes on for everyone else despite the fact that you've moved away.
Here is Ty with one of our favorite young men, Tanar, we love that kid.


My BFF from my old ward, Mandy. Sometimes you meet people who you instantly click with, she is one of those people for me.

After church we went to visit our next door neighbors from our old hood, Lynn and Jeane. For a couple of years Lynn had been talking about getting him a little sports car to cruise around in. Well, he finally did! He bought a 1992 convertible Chevy Corvette. He took all of us for a ride and even let me and Ty DRIVE it, it's a fun car to take on the road! Lynn must really like us!




Lynn and Jeane's family came over while we were there. Maidie was is heaven when their grand daughter took her in the bathroom and did her hair for her.

It was hard to move away and leave so many we love behind. Lynn and Jeane were my "go to" neighbors. When I needed help, no matter what time of the day or night it was, I could knock on their door and they'd gladly help me out. If I had my way I'd transplant Lynn and Jeane right next door to us here.... Their family might not like that, but hey, they'd be next door again!

To end the night we went back to Granny Great's for a party with Tyler's extended family. Here are all the great-grandkids (minus Melissa's kids).

Nothing can replace our family and friends back home. I still refer to Utah as "our home" even though we don't live there anymore. We are making new friends here in the south, but my heart is still nestled in between the Wasatch and Uinta mountains. I heart Utah. *sniff*

2 comments:

Mandy said...

All I can say is Ditto! Love you!!

Jeane said...

The pictures are great, Sherri! We Love you guys so much. Come back again real soon.

Post a Comment