Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dancing Girls

The kids and I went to visit Granny Great last week while we are in town. When we got to her house we found her in the dance studio watching Ashley teach one of her technique classes. My mother-in-law has taught dance for more than 40 years. She is amazing as a teacher and mentor and loved by so many she has taught.

I married into a very talented family on dancers. Unfortunately.... I do not dance, but I do APPRECIATE this art. I had to snap some pictures of Ashley in action, I love watching her!

Sheldon went and married himself a dancing girl (Granny Great calls all the dance students "dancing girls"). Shannon is a beautiful dancer as well. Today she was helping Ashley in her technique class.

Today was also "watching day". That's when parents/friends can come to class and take a look at what's going on. Gucci (Shellie) was in class observing, Talmage and Eric quickly found her and posted up.

After class was over I convinced my sister-in-laws to do part of the technique routine for me so I could take some pictures. They MUST love because they agreed... here are some of my favorites...






Dode and Shannon married last November. It's so fun to have her in the family! She actually took dance from Shellie from the time she was a wee-little lass, although she and Sheldon never met until last year.

And here is Miss. Mae with Granny Great. Ty's grandma, Granny Great, is honestly the most devoted grandmother I have ever known. My mom's mom died when I was 8 and I wasn't close to my dad's mom, I've adopted Granny as my own! She's amazing! I really love my in-laws, I know not everyone can say that, but I'm really lucky in this regard.

Miss. Mae tries to imitate what she's just seen her Auntie's do.


0 comments:

Post a Comment