Here are my best friends.

Emily, Lori, me, Maurie and Katie
I knew Emily from elementary, and then met the rest of these ladies in Jr. High. Part of my visit back home included a "girl's" overnighter. We've dubbed our rendezvous' as our "Moms Gone Wild" trips. This year we we're heading to Park City!
Maurie graciously offered to drive. She picked up Emily and then came to pick me up from my mom's house where me and the kids are staying. As soon as Maurie and Emily pick me up we are laughing and chatting as if we're back in high school. That's the great thing about having friends of twenty (gulp) years, you know each other so well there is none of that awkward "getting to know you" conversation. As soon as we're together we pick right up where we've left off!
We next pick up Lori at her parents house and find it funny that three of us will be picked up where we grew up. It was REALLY feeling like high school again.
Because we are feeling so nostalgic (and because we are in the neighborhood) we decide to drive past Emily and Maurie's old houses. Emily's family moved our senior year, it was great to see her house hadn't changed that much.
It even was adorned with these cute little gnomes..... who wouldn't like a gnome or two for your yard?
Maurie's old house had changed quite a bit. It wasn't in the pristine condition Kathy kept it in. What's funny is that right after I snapped this picture, the new owners came out and got into that car in the driveway.... I'm sure they were wondering what we were doing, oh well!
And finally, we pick up Katie at Mike and Sally's house.
Katie's dad, Mike, never ages. He looks exactly as he did twenty years ago.
Our first stop was to Hires for a Cherry Coke. I don't think many people appreciate a nice Cherry Coke like we do. Hires Cherry Coke's are something special because they have their own cherry syrup they add to the Coke.... and..... they have that small round ice!

We head to the Olympic Park and buy passes to ride the zip line and the Olympic slide. I know... we are real thrill seekers, but we are in are 30's now and we've got families to think about.

Talk about awkward! Before they open the gate so you can "zip" down the hill you get to hold this nice pose. It's very unattractive, but we do what we can to make it look good!



After we've conquered the zip line, we make our way BACK up the mountain to ride the Olympic Slide.


Emily volunteered to be our "lone rider" since we had an odd number. That Emily, always taking one for the team!



The line for the slide took forever. We decided to document it with a dramatic photo. In reality we didn't care, but this was a fun way to entertain ourselves, AND annoy/entertain others!






On our list of places to eat.... Cafe Rio! Once again I enjoyed a nice Pork Salad, actually this time I got the Pork Tostada with a side of flour tortilla's. A little trick my sister, Heather, taught me. It's the same taste as the Pork Salad, but smaller.

We saw two movies during our over-nighter. For our second movie we decided to hit the convenience store for snacks and drinks to smuggle in. We were stickin'-it-to-the-man! No $4.25 drink this time, I mean gesh, it's ridiculous what your expected to pay for a beverage at the movies....
We had a good chuckle when Katie's drink wouldn't fit in the drink holder. What do you do?
I don't know where I'd be in life without the support and love of my good friends. We've shared our lives and grown up together. We've seen each other through good and bad; first loves and first heart breaks, driver's license's, dates, first jobs, school dances, braces, college, marriage, children, mortgage's, church callings, death's of loved ones and so much more!

Thank you ladies for the wonderful get-away! I sure love you and am looking forward to Moms Gone Wild III!
1 comments:
How fun! It makes me wish I was a part of the "Moms Gone Wild Weekends". If only they had let me go to Bennion Jr. High like I requested after 7th grade, maybe I would be part of your clan. That is incredible that you all still get together like this. And you all still look so dang cute!
Post a Comment