She looks SO SWEET....

....and she is, most of the time. Unless you take her away from her home and bed and schedule, and pack her up in the car and go here and there and back over here again, making her miss her nap day, after day, after day.
Then.... she's not so sweet.
But she's sweet in this picture (taken post-melt down).
I went to visit my niece, Amy (below, isn't she cute?), while she was working at her very first job, Quizno's. Quizno's does make a nice sandwich and Amy is already a very fine sandwich ARTIST.
While Amy was creating our sandwich masterpiece, Maidie began to have a meltdown of epic proportions. It was a doozey. One that made people give me that, "lady, what kind of a mother are you" look. My mom and sister, Michelle, tried to step in and help, but it was already to late. She was writhing on the floor and when you'd pick her up she'd throw her arms up and arch her back making it very hard to hold her, and.... oh yeah, she was doing all this while crying and screaming.
The sandwich makers and the sandwich eating customers were not loving the melodic screams of Miss. Mae (can't say that I blame them) so I ended up strapping this wild child in her car seat, cranking the AC, and eating my delicious sandwich in the car. It was GREAT and I made sure to call her dad and let him know that I might need a "vacation" from my "vacation".
My sister offered to take my boys to her house for the afternoon while I took Miss. Mae back to grandma's for a well needed siesta. My boys were in heaven! They were entertained by their older cousin, Tyler, ALL afternoon.
When I arrived, they were playing a little soccer. Eric's getting ready for "the fake".
Tyler's ready for it.
Snap! Go Eric!
Talmage suffered a "root" injury. He was kicking the ball and accidentally kicked a tree root sticking up from the grass. What luck!
Luckily, cousin Tyler was there again to bring the smile back on his face!
It took a village to raise my children today.
0 comments:
Post a Comment