I have a friend whose dog just had a litter of puppies. At her house today we were able to hold and pet them. I had to laugh when I watched my boys interact with them.
We are all allergic to dogs/cats/anything with fur, so my kids have been conditioned to not touch any animals. Today I caved though, because look at these puppies, they are adorable (and we quickly washed our hands after). Anyway, since my kids have not been around dogs and cats, they are oblivious as to how to handle them. Eric held this puppy out from him like this and just studied him for about 30 seconds. I then started telling him how to hold the puppy against his chest to make him feel more secure. Then Logan said, "like this... you should take my picture!".
So, I did!
After Eric watched Logan handle one of the puppies, he held the one he was holding a little bit closer to him too.
This is about as close as he'd bring it to him. My poor pet-neglected child! He'll probably be scarred for life and not let anyone in close to him and blame it on his parents for the fact that he never had a dog to love as a boy.
The Sauce, he wants a dog... sorry, brotha!
Maidie loved Gracie's "lippy". Today, Gracie taught her how to pucker while applying the lip gloss. Gracie wouldn't put it on her until she had obediently puckered!
It rained while we were there, luckily the kids were entertained with a little Wii action.
Jaxon, Eric, Kylie, Talmage and Logan
Max wasn't feeling well, so he observed from a neighboring coach.
Maurie made us dinner while we were visiting, and Kathy had baked some fine cupcakes. They always spoil us when we come up! We visit with each other, and Maurie slaves over us. Love you, Mo!
It was nice to visit with lil' Kath.
Lil' Kath told me, Maurie and some others (while still in high school) that we probably wouldn't stay friends with each other when we "grew up" and got married. Well... we have happily proved her theory WRONG... AND we've stayed friends with HER too! Ha!
Not only have we stayed friends, but we've helped facilitate friendship among our mothers! Are we good, or what? Here, mom Riley is deeply engrossed with Emily's stories of... well, I can't go into detail. What is said around the table, stays around the table.
Another picture of me, Maurie and Emily. I don't think I can have too many these days. I've got to make up for lost time! It's been fun to document my trip while I'm here. If I waited to do it when I got home, it never would get done!
Ty joins our family here in Utah on Friday. I can't wait!
1 comments:
Man! You are a bloggin mama! Don't you need some 'girl time'?? Isn't that coming when Tyler comes up? Just checkin.
Post a Comment